fIRC chat is a free IRC client for the Android platform. fIRC chat is compatible with Android OS 1.6 and higher. It is available on the Android Market in the section Application and subsection Communication.
The application is available on the android market.
Bugs and feature requests can be posted >>> here <<<.
fIRC 3 Status
(02 / 06 / 2011) I’m currently rewriting fIRC (v3.0).
Feature list (v0.2)
TODO: update feature list (outdated)
- Connect to irc servers such as Freenode, EFnet, Quakenet, Gamesurge and many more)
- PM / Authserv / Whois
Connecting to the server/channel:
- In the Main Menu click connect
- Adjust the settings (nickname!!!) and touch connect
- After connecting it should show the Main Menu.Â Click #chat to view the channel list
Sending a private message:
- To start a private conversation, PM a user and let him/her reply.
- Go back to the Main Menu and select PM. It should show up in the list.
- Most options (such as Join channel, Channel topic, Channel userlist and Leave channel) can now be accessed with the menu button.
- Help is now available in the channel view menu.
1. v0.1.0 (Release date: 22 / 12 / 2008)
- Initial release
- Bug fix (nickname)
- Bug fix (nickname)
- added ACTION (/me)
5. v0.2.0 (Release date: 31 / 12 / 2008)
- Major improvements now supports Multichannel, PM, and lots of GUI improvements.
6. v0.2.1 (Release date: 01 / 01 / 2009)
- Custom fix for thanksgabe server
7. v0.2.2 (Release date: 04 / 01 / 2009)
- Fixed: ping pong issue (fixed gamesurge and quakenet servers)
- Note: gamesurge requires lowercase nickname, realname and ident.
- Fixed: crash on disconnect
- Fixed: notification bug in Server status window
- Added: AUTHSERV support (/authserv auth username password)
- Added: Linkify of text messages
- Added: Help button in the channel view to show available commands
- Added: show MODE
- Added: WHOIS support (/whois nickname)
- Updated: PM overview enhanced (displays username & hostmask in the overview)
- Updated: Userlist sorting
8. v0.2.3 (Release date: 05 / 01 / 2009)
- Added: Notification on incoming private message
9. v0.2.4 (Release date: 06 / 01 / 2009)
- Fixed: Mode issue on quakenet
10. v0.2.5 (Release date: 10 / 01 / 2009)
- Fixed: scrolling bug
- Fixed: auto forward (channel) bug
- Fixed: channel join/part bug (mode issue)
- Added: Timeout notification
11. v0.2.6 (Release date: 12 / 01 / 2009)
- Fixed: Focus issue in chatmode
- Added: Auto nickname complete (press search button while typing)
12. v0.2.7 (Release date: 28 / 01 / 2009)
- Changed: Default server, realname and ident
- Changed: Don’t clear channel on disconnect/time out
- Changed: Removed the ongoing flag for fIRC in the notification window
13. v0.2.8 (Release date: 26 / 02 / 2009)
- Added: Exit button
14. v0.2.9 (Release date: 15 / 03 / 2009)
- Fixed: IPv6 issue (thanks for reporting kash)
15. v0.2.10 (Release date: 15 / 03 / 2009)
- Added: Clickable userlist
- Added: Channel list (/list)
16. v0.2.11 (Release date: 26 / 03 / 2009)
- Fixed: /me bug in private chat
- Added: Join multiple channels on connect (comma separated, supports channels with a key)
17. v0.2.12 (Release date: 24 / 08 / 2009)
- Fixed: Layout, should now be compatible with the on screen keyboard
- Added: Disabled screen time out when chat view is enabled.
- Added: Warning for #android channel to prevent spam
- Changed: Shutting app down without kill pid